Get Rocked Geology Train
Get Rocked Geology Train - Back by Popular Demand!
June 23, 2013
Ticket Prices: Adults $155 Students $105
- Geology Train departs Antonito Depot at 8:00am and arrives at Chama Depot around 4:00pm. Motorcoach departs Chama Depot at 4:30pm and arrives back at Antonito Depot at 5:30pm.
- Motorcoach departs Chama Depot at 6:30am and arrives at Antonito Depot at 7:30am. Geology Train departs Antonito Depot at 8:00am and arrives back at the Chama Depot around 4:00pm.
For all Geologists - from the newly-interested to the practiced professional.
On June 23rd, a special train will depart to traverse spectacular geology along the 64 miles of Cumbres & Toltec track. But simply experiencing the incredible overviews of the Rio Grande Rift, the eruptive evidence of the San Juan Volcanic field, the Precambrian core of the Tusas Mountains, recent glacial deposits, and snapshots of the Jurassic, will not be enough. This special train will stop at many outcrops and rail cuts along the right of way, to mingle, marvel and collect photographs, samples and experiences only accessible on the train route.
The opportunities are priceless:
• Join a cadre of distinguished Geologists for a truly extraordinary day on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad!
• Traverse the entire 64 miles of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad!
• The railroad passes through one of the most unique, varied geologic areas in the US and it is the ONLY way to see all those sights.
• See metamorphic rock as old as that at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
• The train will make a number of stops along the route to allow the Geologists to interpret the various Geologic points of interest!
• Lunch at Osier, Colorado is included in the ticket price!
• View and marvel at volcanoes, unusual rock formations, multiple volcanic depositions, tunnels and an untouched landscape.
• A mile by mile Geologic rail log will be provided to each participant.
• All participants will be able to disembark to walk through Rock Tunnel and then have the opportunity to photograph the locomotive as she emerges from the tunnel!
• Ride the Historic C&TS RR and be prepared to "Get Rocked"!
All Fares Are Subject To A 5% Historical Preservation Fee.
For Reservations By Phone: 1-888-286-2737 or Click Here to book online.
Monday - Friday 8AM - 4PM MST.
Please call 1-888-286-2737
Experience the excitement of rugged, narrow gauge, coal-fired, steam powered mountain railroading on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. You will traverse 64 miles of unparalleled scenery as you climb from Antonito or Chama to the dining hall at Osier and on to your final terminal. Lunch is included of course. You will sense the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains as your train is handled by sure-footed locomotives and able crews through tunnels, above deep gorges and over Cumbres Pass. This unique section of mountain railroad is owned by the states of New Mexico and Colorado and was designated a National Historic Landmark in October of 2012. It is truly a memorable experience not to be missed.
Sign up for our E-Newsletter to hear about the latest events and deals that CTSRR has to offer.